Wednesday, November 5, 2008

EXP4.WK14.Final Submission - Concept of Design


Final product (design + structure) is very important in design process. But i think the concepts and ideas which my design is based on is as important.

The keyword for my design was insertion. This is because i was asked to insert a new building into a existing context. The relationship between new and existing contexts is a vital factor in determining the final design.

Through functional and environmental diagrams, i have begun my design process with initial design ideas. The relationship with the existing grandstand further developed my design ideas.

The last drawing inspired and influenced me throughout my design process. I wanted to create a building which can be seen as a iconic symbol of the coogee area.

No comments: